Vertical Sump Pumps are available in various standard lengths to suit sump depths, for very deep sumps or where high shaft speeds limit the length of the pump, a suction extension pipe or shaft can be fitted to the bottom inlet to extend the depth of the pump by up to 2 meters. Pumping is maintained even when the top inlet is not submerged.
40PV-ZP Heavy Duty Cantilever Sump Pump With 1.8m Extension Shaft is ideal for a variety of submerged suction pumping applications. The vertical slurry pumps operate well in a variety of sump conditions, and can also be readily applied on floating dewatering or other floating pump platforms. As a true cantilevered vertical slurry pump, the ZP series does not have submerged bearings or seals, thus, eliminating the primary failure mechanism for similarly fielded pump lines.
40PV-ZP Vertical pumps not only provide excellent wear life properties, they also operate efficiently to further reduce operating costs. These vertical slurry pumps can be fully elastomer lined or hard metal fitted. There are no submerged bearings or packing with a unique high capacity double suction design. Optional recessed impeller and suction agitator are available.
1. Cantilever design without submerged bearings or shaft seals;
2. Wet components are available in A05 high chrome alloy and elastomer (rubber);
3. The screened inlets and large impeller passages reduce the risk of blockages;
4. Available in a pre-fabricated conical sump with quick clean facilities;
5. Replaceable strainers allows for easy maintenance;
6. Simple installation and easy maintenance.
7. Anti-wear, anti-corrosion, which let the pumps service more longer;
8. No priming required;
The vertical cantilever design with no gland or submerged bearings avoids the need for expensive gland or bearing flushing water.
• Bearing Assembly - The bearings, shaft and housing are generously proportioned to avoid problems associated with the operation of cantilevered shafts in the first critical speed zones.
The assembly is grease lubricated and sealed by labyrinths; the upper is grease purged and the lower protected by a special flinger. The upper or drive end bearing is a parallel roller type whilst the lower bearing is a double taper roller with preset end float. This high performance bearing arrangement and robust shaft eliminates the need for a lower submerged bearing.
• Column Assembly - Completely fabricated from mild steel. The ZPR model is elastomer covered.
• Casing - Has a simple bolt-on attachment to the base of the column. It is manufactured from a wear resistant alloy for the ZP and from moulded elastomer for the ZPR.
• Impeller - Double suction impellers (top and bottom entry) induce low axial bearing loads and have heavy deep vanes for maximum wear resistance and for handling large solids. Wear resistant alloys, polyurethane and moulded elastomer impellers are interchangeable. The impeller is adjusted axially within the casting during assembly by external shims under the bearing housing feet. No further adjustment is necessary.
• Upper Strainer - Drop-in metal mesh, snap-on elastomer or polyurethane for ZP and ZPR pumps. Strainers fit in column openings.
• Lower Strainer - Bolted metal or polyurethane for ZP, moulded snap-on elastomer for ZPR.
• Discharge Pipe - Metal for ZP, elastomer covered for ZPR. All wetted metal parts are completely rust protected.
• Submerged Bearings - None
• Agitation - An external agitator spray connection arrangement can be fitted to the pump as an option. Alternatively, a mechanical agitator is fitted to an extended shaft protruding from the impeller eye.
• Materials - Pumps can be manufactured in abrasive and corrosive resistant materials.
|Model||Matching power P (kw)||Capacity Q (m3/h)||Head H (m)||Speed n (r/min)||Eff.η (%)||Impeller dia. (mm)|
Mining and mineral processing process and spillage sump duties
Mill scale pumping in steel mills
Sugar cane processing
Non-contact induced-flow pumping of impact-sensitive media like carbon transfer or froth
(when provided with an optional recessed vortex impeller)
|• Mining||• Sump drainage||• Coal prep||• Mineral processing|
|• Mill sumps||• Tunnel||• Tailings||• Chemical slurries|
|• Ash handing||• Paper and Pulp||• Waste sludge||• Coarse sand|
|• Lime mud||• Phosphoric acid||• Sump Dredging||• Mill grinding|
|• Alumina Industry||• Power Plant||• Potash Fertilizer Plant||• Other industries|
Request a Quote